May 31, 2017
FAST FACT: Title III FAQs Frequently asked questions about administrative, programmatic, and accountability features of Title III English learners and immigrant student programs FAQs
Dear Colleagues letter from April 24, 2017 post – IERB complaint, illegal Adult Education
2nd attachment from THIS posted letter below
May 24, 2017
Sanction Response: City of Atlanta admits to over 1400 violations of state public benefits/immigration law for each of the last five years, say ignorance of law is an excuse and that having been caught, they will now comply and there should be no sanction. Atlanta media: “meh”
May 23, 2017
Continuing education: The illegal alien lobby in Georgia: State Rep Brenda Lopez (Romero)
A continuing educational series on Georgia’s illegal alien lobby
UPDATE: I don’t know how it got by me, but until today I did not realize that Georgia state Rep. Brenda Lopez Romero was an illegal alien who somehow scored an amnesty/change of status. See below, from the AJC on Feb 26, 2020.
“Brenda Lopez Romero, D-Norcross, who said after spending 12 years as an undocumented immigrant, she wanted to support Fosque for speaking on behalf of those who were most marginalized.” Here.
Brenda Lopez (Romero) ** @VoteBrendaLopez **
- Georgia State Rep, District 99 (Norcross, in Gwinnett County) HERE
- Bonus insight into mass, uncontrolled immigration’s effect on Gwinnett County, Georgia HERE.
- Immigration lawyer
- Born in Mexico, became U.S. citizen “just before law school.”
- Anti-enforcement immigration activist on the board of the tribalist, corporate-funded GALEO – see HERE
- As a state legislator, joins GALEO in opposition to English as constitutional official language of Georgia – says “it breeds distrust and prejudice against minority groups.” HERE.
- *Speaker at GALEO fundraiser September, 2016
Join us & celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month! EARLY REGISTRATION CLOSES ON FRIDAY! RSVP TODAY!
Executive Director of the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics
The 2016 Hispanic Heritage Month Luncheon is one of the principle fundraising events for GALEO & the GALEO Latino Community Development Fund.
Date: Friday, September 30, 2016.
Time: 11:30 AM-1:30 PM.
Location: Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina, 4000 Summit Boulevard, Atlanta, Georgia, 30319
→Special remarks provided by: *Brenda Lopez, Representative-elect, Georgia House of Representatives, 1st Latina in the Georgia Legislature.
Mistress of Ceremonies: Lara-Carolina Fernandez, Telemundo Atlanta
- On being American: Says illegal aliens with illegal Obama DACA amnesty “are basically more American than some of us that may have been born in this country, right?…these are American kids for all intents and purposes.”
- Rep Lopez was one of twenty-six House members who voted against HB 452, which requires that the GBI share information it is already receiving from ICE on the release of violent, convicted criminal aliens. HERE
- Lopez told a local TV reporter that alerting Georgia’s county sheriffs and the public when criminal aliens – some of whom have been convicted of murder, rape, kidnapping and child molestation – are released back into our communities instead of being deported is “the most “egregious” anti-immigrant bill in Georgia in nearly a decade.” The registry is “just fundamentally something that goes against our notions of privacy, also our notions of rehabilitation,” Lopez said.
- Note: GALEO lobbied against HB 452 in the committee process and led a forty-day activist campaign attempting to have the bill vetoed – HERE.
- HB 452 is now state law.
May 22, 2017
FAST FACT: More than 600K foreigners overstayed visas in 2016 – USA Today
More than 600K foreigners overstayed visas in 2016